- This cascading water fall is located 56 km from Theni and 10 km from Cumbum valley.
- Silappathikaram written by Ilango Adigal mentions the beauty of this falls.
- This falls is part of Pothigai hills or Agasthyamalai. Pothigai hills are famous in Hinduism for providing the balance for the world during Lord Siva’s marriage in Mount Kailash. The similarity between Mount Kailash and Pothigais Hills backs the mythological connection of these sacred peaks.
- Tiru Kalyana teertham at Pothigai hills is visited by saints from Hilmalayas.
- Bogar visited and took herbs from these hills for constructing the navapasana(a type of medicine created using nine poisons) statue for Lord Muruga at Palani temple.
- Saints do meditation at a natural spring at Kailasanathar cave temple. This cave temple is connected to Sathuragiri Mahalingam cave temple.
|Suruli Falls, Theni|
- Periyar wild life sanctuary, Thekkady, Idukki District, Kerala. 80 km from Theni and 5 km from Kumuli.
- Munnar, Kerala. 95 km from Theni.
- Mettur Dam
View Larger Map