- 7th Century CE Lord Siva cave temple
- 8th Century CE Lord Vishnu cave temple
- One of the largest rock inscriptions in Tamilnadu.
- It was one of the Chola territories.
- Inscriptions dated in the reigns of Maravarman Sundara Pandya II , Jatavarman Veera Pandyan III and Jatavarman Parakrama Pandyan.
- The Vijayanagara inscriptions are dated in the reigns of Virupaksha I and Krishnadevarayar
- Famous freedom fighters Veerapandiya Kattabomman and his brother Umaiturai hide in a fort at Tirumayam.
|Scenic view from Thirumayam fort|
- Thirumayam Fort - This 40 acres fort was built by Sethupathi Vijaya Ragunatha Thevar.
- Siva temple - 7th century temple was built by Pandya kings. Diety is called Satyagirisvara.
- Vishnu temple - It is much a much-venerated temple and is considered second in importance only to the temple at Srirangam
- Bhairavar Kovil - It is built on the outermost wall of the old fort. This temple is famous with vehicle owners who stop and pray for their safe journey.
- Thirumayam, Pudukottai District
- Pudukottai to Karaikudi, 20 kilometer from Pudukottai.