- The megalithic monuments such as stone-circles, urn burials and cists spread in the plains of this village testify that this area was inhabited by pre-historic man.
- The mural paintings of 9th Century A.D. in the Jaina rock-cut cave temple called Arivar Koil, second only to Ajanta Cave paintings.
- The rock beds of Jaina ascetics in the natural cavern called Ezhadippattam.
- Tamil brahmi inscriptions belonging to the 1st Century B.C.
- A small rock-cut temple called Navahchunai, located north of the natural cavern.
Tamil Brahmi Inscriptions:
|Tamil Brahmi Inscriptions|
- Pudukottai District, Tamilnadu, INDIA
- 12 kilometers north-west of Pudukkottai, in the Pudukkottai– Annavasal route.
- 2 Kilometers before the Pudukottai-Annavasal road, Take a diversion to the right, an arch would welcome you.
Map of Sittannavasal:
|Map of Sittannavasal|